POLICE, MEDICAL, FIRE EMERGENCIES CALL 911
POLICE NON-EMERGENCY CALL (253) 798-4721
To anonymously report suspicious activity, please email the department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Public Safety Department is responsible for providing police and medical aid for the preservation of life and property through prevention, education, and immediate response to life threatening or potentially life threatening situations.
- Provide for the preservation of life and property through prevention, education, and immediate response
- Manage the community medical aid, and police services operations
- Responsible for the town's emergency disaster planning, training, and operations
- Responsible for police investigation, hazardous materials training, and operations
- Provide a safe environment for town residents
- Enhance crime and fire prevention
- Expand external relations beyond the limits of the town
- Continue to maximize technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize police presence training programs
- Strengthen disaster response training programs
Court Ordered Surrender of Weapons - Procedures
Steilacoom Fire & EMS
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
Proper Disposal of Expired & Unwanted Medicines
The Steilacoom Department of Public Safety offers a drop-off kiosk for expired and unwanted medicines. Click on this link for additional information.
Any contractor or home owner performing work on a new or existing fire suppression or fire alarm system must apply for a fire suppression permit by filling out a permit application and submitting it to the Pierce County Fire Prevention Bureau. The Permit application can be accessed at the following link: Pierce County Fire Marshal Permit. A town building permit must be obtained before a fire suppression permit will be issued from the Fire Marshal Office.
For information about recreational burning in Steilacoom please visit the Pierce County website on outdoor burning at the following link: Outdoor Burning.